Security Program Review, Gap Analysis and Plan
Developing, implementing and managing an effective information security program is a difficult task. The regulatory and vertical specific compliance requirements are constantly evolving. Additionally, cybercriminals and hackers continue to exploit new vulnerabilities and release sophisticated cyber threats that leave your organization exposed to potential breaches. Organizations first need to identify how they use information to meet their business goals and then determine the most cost-effective way to protect their information assets throughout the information security life cycle - a continuous effort that requires expert management, dedicated resources and substantial time.
A Security Program Review managed by Secure Application provides you with a comprehensive picture of your information security program and posture, which reveals strengths and weaknesses in its technical and non-technical components in relationship to the ISO27002 code of practice, or any relevant benchmark that is important to your organization (e.g. HIPAA, PCI/DSS, GLBA, etc.). We provide you with recommendations and design a strategic security roadmap or simply identify solutions that can easily resolve your security weaknesses. By conducting and information security program review, there is value to be gained for both maturing and forming information security organizations.
- Allows "forming" information security programs to quickly identify the existing environment and areas of key risk
- Help organizations gain a greater understanding of security related activities across the entire organization and a view into "what is working well"
- Identifies opportunities to gain efficiencies within the security program (removing and improving redundant activities)
- Aligns your information security strategy with industry recognized best practices and improves your security and compliance posture
- Enables you to prioritize policy, organization, access control and compliance initiatives
- Development of a detailed roadmap of activities that will lead to optimum levels of security and compliance
- Provides security program justification for senior levels of management
- Actionable roadmaps that give a very clear picture of how to execute on our recommendations
- Establishes a 3 - 5 year plan to help guide the security program
- Aligns the security program with the goals and objectives of the business, to ensure enablement vs. restriction
Secure Application's comprehensive Security Program Review, Gap Analysis and Plan services include:
- Review of security program activities, highlighting strengths and weaknesses
- Security documentation review, assessing the organization's security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures
- Security architecture reviews, assessing network architecture security and compliance posture
- Benchmarking against relevant regulatory and vertical specific compliance requirements
- Comprehensive security program strategy that will help align relevant stakeholders from across the organization
- Evaluate security processes and tools to identify areas for improvement and efficiency