Security Policy Review, Gap Analysis and Development
Developing, implementing and managing an effective set of information security documentation, including; policies, standards, guidelines and processes, is a difficult task. The regulatory and vertical specific compliance requirements are constantly evolving, which makes proper security documentation development and maintenance a moving target. Organizations first need to identify what compliance requirements they must adhere to in order to meet their business goals and then determine the most effective way to manage and maintain required security documentation.
At Secure Application we realize that the key to successful security documentation lifecycle management begins with a thorough understanding of an organization's compliance landscape and culture. Our experience shows that "out-of-the-box" security documentation is an ineffective approach to solving an organizations compliance needs. An effective set of security documentation starts with an understanding of the business needs and ends with complete lifecycle management program. During the lifecycle of security documentation it is imperative to include the necessary stakeholders to ensure that documentation is developed in a way that helps meet compliance requirements, and is achievable for the organization, all while helping the business meet its core objectives.
- Help organizations gain a greater compliance by ensuring proper security documentation is in place (i.e. policies, standards, guidelines and processes)
- Gain efficiencies by involving key stakeholders during the necessary phases of development and approval
- Proper lifecycle management of security documentation helps ensure alignment with constantly evolving regulatory landscape
- Improves the organizations overall due diligence and audit preparedness
Secure Application's comprehensive Security Policy Review, Gap Analysis and Development services include:
- Review of existing security policies, standards, guidelines and processes
- Develop a gap analysis based on existing policies vs. regulatory / compliance requirements
- Evaluation of existing security documentation against best-practices, specific regulations or industry specific requirements
- Develop detailed security documentation to help meet the needs of the organization
- Develop a complete security documentation lifecycle management program to include; review, approval and maintenance
- Assist the organization with security documentation training and awareness activities